Friday, June 6, 2008

England!

Its been a long long time since I last updated this blog. 

So anyway, here are some of the photos from my trip to the UK.

This is me standing outside the Big Ben in London. Its actually part of the parliament building, cool huh!

And this is Westminster Abbey. A lot of famous people are buried here, including the Royal Family, and also William Wilberforce!

This is the Tower Bridge, it stands right if front of the Tower of London which once was the royal palace during the dark ages. King Henry the 8th lived in this palace. He's the king that decided that England should break off from the Vatican and form their own church - the church of England. He did this so that he could divorce is original wife to marry Anne Boleyn...its a long story really. But in a sense, you could say he was the person who caused the Christians and the Catholics to split.

This is me and my cousin, Derek, standing in front of Trafalgar Square. 

And this is Picadilly Circle! I recognized this names from Monopoly, and now I've finally managed to see these places in person! =)

No comments: