Saturday, June 14, 2008

Scotland, Part 4

On our second day in Scotland, we decided to go on a car ride to the highlands. Yup, I got to drive in the UK! =) Its left hand drive, just like in Singapore. So I had no problems on the road. This is a view from the car, magnificent!

First stop we made, was the Famous Grouse Whisky Distillery.

I got the try 5 different grades of whisky, I never knew there was so much difference between the different whiskys! I now have a new found respect for people who drink whisky.

While at the distillery, I went to take a walk around the area. And found a really huge patch of rolling grass fields. This picture was taken at the top of one of these grassy hills, its really tiring getting up there. Scotland has so many hills and peaks, this is just one of the few small hills and already I find it tiring climbing up. No wonder the Highlanders made such fit soldiers last time!

No comments: